The Goji Berry Story
Goji Berries have been cited as “quite possibly the most nutritionally dense food on earth”! It has been praised and used in Asian medicine for centuries as a healing plant that exhibits amazing properties.
Organic Goji Berries have been traditionally regarded as longevity, strength building, and sexual potency food.
A popular Tibetan axiom states, “Eating Organic Goji Berries in the morning will make one happy for the entire day” and having a cumulative effect, eventually, one will not be able to stop smiling!
Asians have also traditionally used Goji Berries as a flavor topping on cooked or cold cereals, added to trail mixes, rice, soups, baked goods, teas, or eaten as a delicacy. The Goji Berry is the highest rated antioxidant (ORAC) food in the world based on the ORAC Chart of Fruits, Vegetables and Essential Oils. They have 500 times more vitamin C than oranges or any other comparable fruit, in short, these berries are becoming famous as an antioxidant.
The Power of ORAC plus Organic Goji Berry Nutrition
- High ORAC food that can raise the antioxidant power of human blood 10 – 25%.
- The richest and most complete spectrum of antioxidant carotenoids of all known food with more beta carotene than carrots, vitamin A, and zeaxanthin (protects the eyes).
- B-complex vitamins (for converting food into energy).
- Vitamin C (500 times more per ounce than found in oranges).
- Vitamin E (very rarely found in fruits, usually only found in grains, seeds, and nuts.)
- Excellent source of selenium and germanium (used in a number of clinical trials involving cancer patients).
- 21 trace minerals (including germanium – rarely found in foods).
- Linoleic-acid (found to lower body fat, support increases in lean body mass, and enhance immune function).
- In Oriental medicine, the Goji Berry is said to correct “chi deficiencies” such as low energy, insomnia, heart palpitations, and anxiety.
- Polysaccharides (which fortify the immune system) including a powerful anti-aging agent which stimulates the secretion of rejuvenative human growth hormones by the pituitary gland.
- 18 amino acids (the building blocks of protein) including all eight that are essential for life.
- More protein than whole wheat (13% more), the Goji Berry displays an insulin-like action that is effective in fat decomposition.
- Beta-sitosterol (an anti-inflammatory agent known to lower cholesterol and used to treat sexual impotence and prostate enlargement).
- Essential fatty acids (which are required for the body’s production of hormones and for the smooth functioning of the brain and nervous system).
- Cyperone (benefits the heart and blood pressure, alleviates menstrual discomfort, and has been used in the treatment of cervical cancer).
- Solavetivone (a powerful anti-fungal and anti-bacterial compound).
- Physalein (natural compound that is active against all major types of leukemia, with broad-spectrum anti-cancer effect, and is often used as a treatment for hepatitis B).
- Betaine (helps reduce levels of homocysteine a prime risk factor in heart disease; and protects cellular DNA.
Learn more about Extreme Health’s Organic Goji Berries